- A new publication in PNAS by Aline Marighetto's team
"Temporal binding function of dorsal CA1 is critical for declarative memory formation"[ read more ]
- The CAJAL School in OPTOPATH
OptoPath hosted some courses of the Cajal School "Connectomics: from Micro- to Meso- and Macro-Scales" (2-21 October 2017, Bordeaux Neurocampus, France)[ read more ]
- OptoPath as if you were there
A virtual visit of OptoPath is now available online. It allows you to visit our premises and appreciate our cutting-edge equipment.[ read more ]
- Training in endomicroscopy in vivo-Use of the Cellvizio system
Study of cerebral vascular network by endomicroscopy in vivo. Theoretical and practical training in the use of Cellvizio system has been organized on June 13th and 14th, 2017[ read more ]
- Prefrontal neuronal assemblies temporally control fear behaviour
A publication in Nature by Cyril Dejean from Cyril Herry team[ read more ]
OptoPath combines the expertise of neurobiologists, electrophysiologists and experimental psychologists for the identification of new therapeutic targets against 4 major psychological disorders: Addiction, Obesity, PTSD/Anxiety-related disorders and Memory deficits.
Their efforts have been directed towards the development of:
- Innovative rodent behavioral models of these highly incident psychopathologies with complex behavioral disturbances. To be as close as possible from the human symptomatology, the diagnosis criteria and clinical characteristics of the pathologies of interest have been operationalized into rodents.
- Cutting edge tools for neurobiological investigations coupling technologies such as multi-sites electrophysiology, optogenetics and deep brain vascular imaging in behaving rodents.
Combining these innovative animal models and cutting-edge technologies, OptoPath provides :
- A large range of in vivo assays to evaluate the safety/therapeutic effects of novel drugs in the context of 4 major psychopathologies: