Training in endomicroscopy in vivo-Use of the Cellvizio system
Study of cerebral vascular network by endomicroscopy in vivo.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX2ImjdLpEY
Theoretical and practical training in the use of Cellvizio system has been organized on June 13th and 14th, 2017
This training covered the theoretical and practical aspects of studying the cerebrovascular network in vivo. The hands-on course addressed in real-time visualization and measurement of the vascular reactivity and permeability of the blood-brain barrier in rodent models, using in vivo endomicroscopy (Cellvizio technology, MaunaKea Technologies). During the practical workshops, students were able to apply this technology to study changes of both the reactivity of cerebral arteries and the sealing of the blood-brain barrier in mice.
The training focused on the cerebral vascular network, but the applications of this technology are multiple since it is based on tracking fluorescent signals and allows their longitudinal tracking. Thus, it can concern the peripheral circulation, but also the measurement of neuronal activity, including in vigil animals. Future similar training may therefore be of major interest to neuroscientists, neurologists and cardiovascular specialists.
This 2-days workshop covered :
- Theoretical courses on endomicroscopy in vivo: principles, applications and potentials in the context of neurosciences and cardiovascular research
- Hands on courses included :
- Surgical implantation of fiber guides (Certification in experimental surgery required for this course)
- Measurement of the blood-brain barrier effectiveness by endomicroscopy in vivo in real time
- Measurement of pial arteries vasoreactivity by endomicroscopy in vivo in real time
- Results analysis and discussion
If you are interested by our next training, please contact us